Dog Impaled By Knitting Needle And Lives to Bark About It
Little Tutti has a warning for all of us knitters who also happen to be pet owners—store your needles away from your fur babies!
This sweet little Papillon was one lucky dog. While the knitting needle did pierce this puppies heart, she miraculously survived thanks to the talented hands of a local veterinarian in her hometown of Durham, N.C. (and thanks to the fact that the needle was very fine—probably a size 2).
Here is an x-ray showing how the needle intersected with the dogs heart. Scary!
We are so happy to here that Tutti is fine, although she has learned the hard lesson that all of us knitters know— at times, knitting can be RUFF.